Monday, August 9, 2010

Bacon and corn

I am always suspect of people dancing around as they put food in their mouth because the food is just THAT good.

Yesterday morning, I was watching 5 Ingredient Fix on the Food Network. The theme of this episode was Southern Style cooking in the city. After my fried chicken and biscuits, I was still on my little Southern kick, so I sat down and watched the episode rather than having the tv on as background noise while cooking. Claire Robinson showcased a family recipe with Grandma Moore's Creamed Corn. There are only two ingredients: bacon and corn. The cream comes from the corn which is essentially "milked" with the back of your knife! No dairy! The recipe is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/grandma-moores-creamed-corn-recipe/index.html I highly recommend watching the video to see how she cuts the corn. It took me a few tries before I got the hang of milking the corn. In the end, I was able to get a lot of the liquid out for my cream corn. Since I still had the bacon, I crumbled it up and added it over the corn.
I cooked 3 ears of corn and 7 pieces of bacon. I was fully intending on eating this as a side with some leftover fried chicken, but I ate it as my main dish! That can't be healthy!!! (It really was dance-in-your-kitchen so delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment