Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pancakes!

I tried Bob's Red Mill Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pancake Mix this morning - and these were some of the best pancakes I have had in a while! They were nice and fluffy. Growing up, our pancakes were pretty thin, but these gf pancakes had some body to them. I made them with rice milk. The recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup. Since I am slow going through rice milk, I have been buying juice-box size containers, which contain one cup, and are perfect for baking without wasting any milk!

Everyone has their own stylistic way of cooking. In our family, we were only allowed to put five chocolate chips per pancake. I am still in that habit (even though as kids we would "accidentally" dump a handful of chips on the pancake when mom or dad was not looking...) We also pour the mix in the pan from a 1/8 cup or 1/4 cup for uniform pancake size. Perfect pancakes every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment