Saturday, July 28, 2012

Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies

My brother Chris is getting married this year!  I'm a very proud big sister and am excited to be a bridesmaid in his wedding alongside my sister.  We recently celebrated his wedding shower with my dad's side of the family.  My step-mom coordinated my menu with the staff in advance and I promised to bring some dessert for myself with some to share.

Enjoy Life recently sent me their crispy handcrafted cookies to try.  They would fit in perfectly with the shower!  The day of the shower, I made a small batch of frosting (Crisco, powdered sugar, water, vanilla) and dyed it fuchsia in honor of their wedding color.  I used only a Wilton star tip to decorate the cookies - they were simple yet surprisingly elegant and fast to make.  The Enjoy Life cookies are fantastic to work with from a decorating perspective - their large flat surface makes a great canvas - especially the Sugar Crisp cookie.

The cookies tasted great.  My brother said they reminded him of the almond cookies we would get at Chinese restaurants - but these were better.  (Normally we only got a bite or two into those dried out cookies of our childhood before cutting our losses.)  After sitting out for a few hours, they still had a great crispy bite and tasted very fresh.  I recommend trying them...and falling in love!  These are the delicious way that sugar cookies should taste!

I am a huge fan of Enjoy Life products.  All of their products are gluten free and free of the top eight allergens (I'm in heaven) AND they are local (way to represent Chicago and the surrounding area!).  Their products are free of artificial ingredients, trans fats, and genetically modified (GMO) ingredients.  Let's just say I felt guilty adding frosting with food coloring to such a healthy cookie...

Have you decorated store-bought cookies and brought them to a party before?  What are your favorite cookies to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment