Thursday, January 13, 2011

Milkshakes, Cookies, and The Social Network Butterfly

Blogs are fun.

I started mine as a way to encourage and challenge myself when I knew I would need to restrict my diet. It was also a subtle a way to also show my family and some friends that I could throw together some halfway decent meals and I was trying to eat properly. In the process of blogging, I grew super excited about eating and creating meals. Concepts like plating that Eliot talked about grew to be commonplace and my camera is almost always in the kitchen. I'm excited to try new recipes and share them with the Internet. And I am always thrilled to see so many hits on my blog from around the world!

One of my facebook friends started a blog with the ultimate social network challenge: have a drink with all 500+ of her friends in a year. Brigitte is documenting her drinks and meetings on The Social Network Butterfly. I think this is such a neat concept and a way to connect with people in person in our digital era! Her guidelines including consuming at least one drink. Drinks can include but are not limited to adult beverages, coffee, tea, soda, milkshakes, etc. Adult beverages and coffee are so traditional. If a gluten and dairy free blogger is going to have a drink with The Social Network Butterfly, clearly it is going to be a milkshake. With cookies. So Brigitte and I caught up and geeked out over foods, blogs, and life in general while eating these tasty creations!

The Cookies
The amazing chewy chocolate chunk cookies from Cooking for Isaiah

The "Milkshake" (vegan and allergen friendly)
Makes 2 "Milkshakes" in wine goblets
1 banana
1-2 cups chocolate rice milk (I used Rice Dream Chocolate Drink)
4-6 scoops of chocolate rice ice cream (I used Rice Dream Cocoa Marble Fudge non-dairy dessert)
Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in your fanciest wine goblets.
Break the cookies into small pieces. Put in shake. Serve with a plate of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment