Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fish #2

I’m slowly but surely getting the hang of cooking fish (which is impressive because a year ago, I refused to eat any type of fish). Previously, my cooking was limited to the oven or watching Eliot cook it. This time around, I cooked tilapia on the stovetop with great success! I vaguely followed these instructions from Food Network, substituting rice flour and dairy free butter. And I was fresh out of green beans and cherry tomatoes (okay, who am I kidding – it is winter in Chicago – my fresh vegetable selection is small), I made tapioca starch noodles. Cooking the tilapia this way was a breeze! Essentially all that needs to happen is mix together rice flour, spices, salt and pepper than dredge the fix and cook in a (dairy free) buttered skillet for a few minutes! Cooking fish is no longer scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment