Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pizza with Teese

During my recent trip to the Whole Foods Amusement Park (as my friends and I affectionately call the Whole Foods mega-store in Lincoln Park), I found Teese - vegan cheese. It is a dairy and gluten free vegan version of mozzarella cheese. The package claims it is great to shred on to your pizza. Soft goat cheese crumbles, so I have just been putting clumps of cheese on my pizza. It seemed a little foreign to me to use my cheese shredder to add freshly grated cheese to pizza, like the rest of the world does. I was giddy with excitement when I saw the perfect pieces of mozzarella cheese gracefully fall onto my pizza. I think it tasted like normal cheese, but then again, it has been over two years since I last had mozzarella...

For my dough, I used Hodgson Mill's box version again. I cheated and opened a can of pizza sauce and after adding Teese, I sprinkled some sundried tomatoes on top. I need to get more creative with my pizza toppings, but sundried tomatoes are one of my current favorite foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment