Saturday, July 3, 2010

Disclaimer

This blog should be viewed as informational and opinionated. It is not a source for nutritional information, nor does it even attempt to be. It is not a source for medical advice - this blogger graduated with a double major in theatre and creative writing. I will be using links to help point you to reputable sources from people who know much more than I do about gluten and lactose intollerances. This blog follows the life and food of a twenty-something who became lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant as a young adult and is taking charge of her diet. Always remember to read labels. Twice. Even if you bought the same thing last grocery trip.

Full disclosure: this is from the viewpoint of someone who used to be a VERY picky eater but had to reevaluate all food choices after quickly becoming severely lactose intolerant and then gluten intolerant a year later.

Join me as I start my gluten free life. This blog will be filled with easy-to-make and healthy (always lactose and gluten free) food, shopping experiences, book reviews, and restaurant adventures. I am new to gluten free living after figuring out lactose intolerance this past year. Living in Chicago, I am fortunate to have access to a variety of grocery stores and bakeries, especially those that cater to those with food allergies and sensitivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment